dari hati panjang

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Flood everywhere...

Friday, February 2nd
I just finished my Shubuh prayer when Dinar, my teacher friend’s, called me. With her sadly voice, she told me that her house was drowned since last night and the water getting up and up ‘til almost 1 meter high. She asked me if my house hit by flood or not, coz I lived only 1 kilometer away from Dinar’s. I was lucky that my house’s area is higher than hers, so the flood can’t reach them.

At 8 am, Iman, my partner at school, called. He was stuck by flood in Mampang. His motorcycle couldn’t move at all. At school, I found out only 10 students attended the class. Some parents called to inform their children couldn’t go to school coz of flood. That day, school was very quiet, meanwhile rains keep falling outside…




Arrived at home and watched the news, I was shocked. During the day, my Jakarta was drowned… Jakarta paralyzed! Cars, buses and motorcycle were trapped in the traffic. Not mentions the people trapped in their house, mostly for children and women. It was sad to see them.

I was very sad also to hear that some of my friends’ house drowned. Nabil decided to stay at hotel. Juli, Boy, and Ka Irvan moved to their relatives’ house. Dinar, Krisna and Ai stayed at their house and keep their eyes open, and Made… I couldn’t contact him since Friday!… Where are you Made? Are u ok? *I just wondered, why is the phone connection must dropped in this situation? Errgh...*

During the night, rains keep falling into Jakarta area….

Saturday, February 3rd
Early in the morning, I still heard the rain. I keep wondering, is Jakarta will covered by flood again this morning? I need to go to Menteng and Kuningan this morning for bahasa class. In normal situations, I preferred take a bus to go to Menteng. But since the flood at Mampang yesterday, I won’t take the risk. After discussed with Ka Iq, I decided to go by train to Cikini from Ps. Minggu. Thanks God everything run smoothly.

After lunch, I decided to go home by bus. I want to see the condition along Mampang and Buncit, the worse areas hit by flood yesterday. Most of the roads already dry. Along the road, I saw some people standing with wetly folded pants brought their backpack and suitcase. It seems that they wanted to move somewhere coz their home drowned. I only can pray for them, may God give the strength to them.

Sunday, February 4th
Early in the morning, Bunda, my lovely mother, received phone call from her collage informed that the public clinic where Bunda works in Cawang has drowned. Bunda cried for a while. When I asked her, she said she remembered all the medicines, medical equipments, and some instant milk for children were drowned. But that wasn’t for long. As a paramedic, Bunda had to stand by at emergency post in her public clinic area to help people around. At 7 am, Bunda went to Cawang. What a great Mom I have! Love you Mom!

Here in Depok, my family keeps pray for all the victims, and also my Mom with all people who have a big heart to help people in suffer. Mas Wibi and friends in PMI, keep up the good work guys!


More info and how to give your donation:
Jakarta Flood Crisis Center: (021)3500000, (021)3822212



1 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger nabil said...

rie tumben kok pake inggris?? kan nabil susah bacanya hehehehehe btw FYI di kost gue katanya Lt 1 penuh air oi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home